The South-Eastern GIML (formerly known as the South Carolina GIML), an affiliate of Gordon Institute for Music Learning, is a non-profit organization dedicated to the growth and support of Music Learning Theory throughout the South-East.
The Gordon Institute for Music Learning (GIML) is dedicated to advancing the research in music education pioneered by Edwin E. Gordon. The purpose of the Gordon Institute for Music Learning is to advance music understanding through audiation. We believe in the music potential of each individual, and we support an interactive learning community with opportunities for musical and professional development.
S-E GIML is dedicated to:
– The study, support, and growth of Music Learning Theory throughout the South-East.
– The development of a support system for practitioners of MLT where ideas, knowledge, and techniques may be shared and nurtured.
– Advocacy for the use of MLT in schools in the South-East.
– Continuing to learn about research in music education and its practical applications in the music classroom.
– Providing professional resources such as workshops and newsletters to its members.